Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dec. 16...already?

As I was filling in the date on my Biology final scantron, I realized, hmm...it's December 16. In the split of a second it kinda hit me...ITS DECEMBER 16, AKA I leave for Germany/Spain in...wait for it...11 days!!! It kind of took me by suprise as I realized this countdown mark, especially because last I remember, it was November. Where this month went...I have nooo idea.

Moral of the story is...
1. I leave 2 days after Christmas
2. I have yet to buy all my Christmas presents (correction: any)
3. I have yet to even start packing up my apartment (I have to move out in the next 5 days)
4. I have no idea what to expect
5. All I know is that I have a visa, phewf. As for all other things pending, I haven't been completely on top of my game...that's what I'm cracking down on in the next couple of days
6. I only have about a week left with my best friends...no bueno
7.  I have yet to pack for the next 5 months of my life (usually I'm the one who packs for Spring Break like three weeks ahead of time...I'm a little surprised with myself...)
8. I have no idea how to fit shoes, clothes and misc stuff in 2 BAGS!!

I kind of blame school projects/finals for my procrastination, but I know the reality is that it still hasn't fully hit me that I'm leaving in T minus 11 days, which is why I haven't made my day long visit to Target for all my essentials or anything of the sort (have to get all my medicine for the next semester, make sure I have a bank account that will work best there and not cut my funds in half every time I withdrawl from my checking account).

BUT....all this craziness makes me excited!!! The not knowing what to expect and realizing I have to figure things out as they come is the very reason I chose to study abroad...I'm going to see life (and myself I imagine) in a whole new way. Here's to learning and discovering...

No comments:

Post a Comment