Thursday, January 6, 2011

Deutschland!!!

I just realized how hard it is to find time to blog!!! Time for a nice little recap of Germany...Spain is soon to come!

Germany...
I am flight problem prone, so of course...my flight from MSP to Philly got cancelled due to weather (note to self, book through the south next time). This little problemo had me really stressed and upset because they said the Philly airport would probably be closed for 3 days, so my parents and I went to every other airline counter to see if they could transfer my ticket. I finally found one through American Airlines via Dallas. Last seat on the plane!!! Wooo, what luck!

My week in Germany was amazing!! I got to meet all of Julian's family and friends and saw lots of places. The day I arrived was a bit hectic because I thought my phone would work...false. So I didn't have Julian's number and...of course...my credit card wasn't being accepted by the phone machine which quiched my idea to call home to tell them I made it/get Julian's number...so I got creative (I have a feeling this will HAVE to happen a lot over the semester...looking forward to the adventures!). I found a machine that allowed me to get on the internet,  logged on to my Skype account to see my recent calls so I could get his cell then borrowed a lady's phone to call him and figure out where to meet (my flight landed late so our plans were a little thrown off). But it all worked out perfect!! 

Throughout the week I got to see...
-Traben Trarbach which is the adorable town Julian lives in
-went to Trier, the oldest city in Germany where I tried Currywurst (found out a day later it has ketchup...to those of you who know my feelings towards ketchup I'm sure you know what I was thinking ha)...not gonna lie I loved it before I knew it had ketchup hah
-went to Koeln (Cologne) and toured the city/went to Windhagen that night (went to a legit European sauna lol...try everything once right?)
-celebrated New Years in Koeln with a bunch of Julian's friends! :)
-discovered my obsession for italian chocolate (Giotto and Yogurrete) I still love my Kinder chocolate though...
-got to practice my German!! Still have a ways to go hah
-got some tennis lessons!

Overall I met some incredible people and beautiful places plus I was lucky to spend a great week with Julian before saying bye :) 

Left for Barce on the 3rd! It's 2am, so I'll post about that later hah :)

Oldest pharmacy in Germany!

Trier

Trier

Trier

Trier

Beautiful church in Koeln (Cologne)


Vinyards along the river as we drove out of Traben-Trarbach


Traben-Trarbah...see I said it was cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment