Monday, March 21, 2011

Daily Dose of España...A visit to Mercadona (our version of Cub, H-E-B, or whatever you may have at home)

Here's the scoop on grocery shopping in Barce...

If you're a local you have these grocery bags on wheels (at least that's what I call them)...



If you're a non-local/tourist/have no idea what's going on (aka me up until a month ago), you don't have one of these, you also make fun of these bags on wheels, and you end up having to buy plastic grocery bags (which are about 2 cents here, I like the go-green effort)...and ultimately end up carrying about 30 lbs+ of groceries home.

And let me tell you...carrying all these groceries (I try to do two weeks worth in one trip) for 15 mins is DEATH. Worse than an arm workout at Life Time.

Moral of the story...I now understand why people have the 'once funny,' now 'completely rational' grocery bags on wheels. Joke's on me I guess... hah. :)

Embracing life as a Euro one experience at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment